At Cauldwell, in PE, we are learning to be….
- Physical- movement and actions
- Think- Evaluating actions and performances, consider tactics and rules
- Healthy- Be confident in yourself, being healthy and active
- Social- Co-operation, team work, having a sporting attitude
- Creative- performing, creating compositions and sequences, linking and problem solving
We aim to build knowledge, skills and understanding.
The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.
At Cauldwell, we meet the national curriculum by offering…
- Sports clubs at lunch times and after school (inclusing enrichment, change for life, competitive and social clubs)
- Our curriculum aims to develop a wide range of skills and activities
- We run PE interventions/clubs to build confidence and skills
- Sports day is held every Summer term
- House competitions
- We take part in competitions and festivals with/against other schools
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and the importance of being healthy